Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Siddhartha

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, the same man who gave us Steppenwolf, is a great book for any list. I am a person who is deeply invested in the notion of peace both within myself, within the world, and between people and earth. This book is about a spiritual journey that takes the protagonist, Siddhartha, through many experiences and lands him in the hands of harmony, balance, peace, and wisdom. He realizes that enlightenment cannot be taught but must be learned through oneself.


I loved reading this book, partially because it is so different then what you read today. It was the best form of escape and at the end I found myself wanting to go on a journey of my own and experience what wisdom my life can expose for me.




The river is everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment